How To Make Brisket in 10 Easy[?] Steps
Did you know it takes days to prepare our meltingly tender beef brisket?
We're going to tell you how to make it in 10 easy steps - you'll just need to allow yourself enough time.
1. We start by roasting beef and veal bones until they're golden brown.
2. Then we simmer the bones with onions, carrots, leeks and herbs 12-14 hours overnight to make a rich stock.
3. We strain the stock through a fine mesh and let it cool.
4. We take first cut brisket, trimmed of excess fat and brown it on the stovetop with a generous amount of onions.
5. We deglaze the pan to get all the delicious crusty bits, combine that with our beef stock, then pour it over the browned brisket in our roasting pan until covered completely
6. We braise it in the oven for hours until the meat is fork-tender and the cooking juices become intensely flavorful.
7. We take it out of the oven to let it rest and cool completely, separating the meat and the braising juices and skimming off any fat that rises to the top.
8. We return the braising liquid to the stovetop and reduce it down even more to make a rich gravy.
9. Then we carefully slice across the grain of the brisket to retain maximum tenderness.
10. We layer the meat into the pan and smother it with a generous amount of gravy - and love.
10b. We cover it and label with easy reheating instructions (you can skip this step at home).
So, now that you know how to do it, you really don't need us anymore. You can probably get it done between rendering the schmaltz for your matzo balls and mixing and rolling the flaky cream cheese dough for your rugelach. But, if you do find yourself short on time - just know that Clementine is here for you. And we don't mind if you say you made it yourself.